Sunday, January 22, 2012

Covers

    People make assumptions about others based on what they see. That isn't necessarily wrong its human nature. We perceive the world using our senses, primarily sight, rather than using our minds. This is because any sense of imagination or free thinking is so scrutinized at childhood that the only thing left is fear of the unknown. Incidentally that is why kids are considered so 'impressionable' and 'pure of mind'. The funny thing is when you really think about it, experience closes your mind to everything else.

By Gio Aboujaoude

5 comments:

  1. That guys is really freaky, when I first saw it I thought it was a zombie. I don't know why people allow themselves to turn there bodies into that, I would like to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eewww!!! Is that real?? I know that it is real.. but did the man really did that?!!!! gosh!!!!!!!! I wonder why this man did that.. hahahaha but wow I think that took a long time to do that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right. We usually judge only based on what we see, but we never take the time to actually know that person and judge them based on what we really know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with both Gio and Pablo. We never take the time to see how people are in their inside. If they have a bad appearance, it doesn't mean that they are bad. They can be excellent people. I think this is one of the things we should change as human beings so that the world is a better place...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone says how we shouldn't judge people on sight, to never judge a book by its cover, but we still do it. It's not that we don't understand, I believe it is more of a matter of instinct. It is our nature to rely on our senses, and one of them being sight, we can't help but judge people by how we see them even if we don't know them.

    ReplyDelete